Thursday 10 February 2011

Goosey goosey

There's a bit of a nip in the air but it's a beautiful day.  I've had a little drive out to Birsay this morning.  The view there of the Brough of Birsay, a small tidal island, is stunning and there's always lots of seals and other wildlife to see.

A very common sight in Orkney is the Greylag Goose.  Once a rare visitor to the islands, the geese have exploded in population to an estimated 68,000.  In fact as I write this I can see a large flock in a field in front of the house.  These geese have inspired my new necklace which I completed yesterday.  Take a peek at the picture below.  Just waiting for a new necklace to arrive and I will be listing it on Folksy and Etsy.  What do you think?


I really must finish my hare necklace.  I have a terrible habit of starting things and not finishing it...


Featured seller:
Beautiful handmade soaps made with home grown honey from SoapDragon.  Visit their shop on here Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment